Experiment: pum brandy




I had searched for simple recipes for plum brandy. I settled on this one with some tweaks of my own. Using 70cl of basics brandy, a couple of pounds of purple plums have been steeped with dark brown sugar. I have added three star anais across the two containers along with two centimetres of fresh root ginger and cassia bark.

Think the first jar may be a bit skewed. There were a few layers of plums and only 20 cl-ish of brandy. I underestimated the juice from the plums. The recipes all suggest that the plums should be removed after three months. I’m hoping that they will disintegrate.

One thought on “Experiment: pum brandy”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s